[TechAssist] Re: Admiral 5-disk CD changer..won't read

  • From: "Peter oliver" <oliver_peter1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 14:59:39 +0000

Spindle motor or driver ic, I have found that if you fill the spindel motor
with WD-40 on some units it can get a slugish motor to start, but you may
still need to replace, also another thought the shipping shorting pin on the
laser assemby. Although I don't think I've ever replaced a laser on one of
these units, usually the customer runs when they get the estimate.

Peter Oliver
Tucson Radio TV

From: "James M. Knoble" <jmk1938@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [TechAssist] Re: Admiral 5-disk CD changer..won't read
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 21:50:33 -0400

try to raise the spindle a little bit but not to where the disk rubs.

On Mon, 1 Mar 2004 19:21:33 -0500, Intrepid Video Support wrote

-

 > --
 > dangerous content by KnobleNet mailscanner, and is
 > believed to be clean.

James M. Knoble
jmk1938@xxxxxxxxxx
P: 304-366-1938