[TechAssist] Re: A question about fans and switches

  • From: "Wayne Vanaman" <Wayne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 07:44:53 -0600

Probably because when you first turn the fan on there is little or no air
movement in the area, and you have that mass that needs to overcome inirtia.

I have seen many fans that have the off position on each end, and then the
variable speed fans that either start on high or low.

Wayne Vanaman
Omega Electronics
6904 W Fairfield Dr
Pensacola, Fl.  32506-3310