[TechAssist] Re: A couple of slightly wierd fixes today

  • From: Kevin <kevintv@xxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 07 May 2003 12:28:33 -0700

What is HDT?

Kevin Wilks
Kevin's TV & Video Repair
Penticton BC Canada
kevintv@xxxxxxx

-----Original Message-----
From: techassist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:techassist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Lyles Tv
Sent: Wednesday, May 07, 2003 11:14 AM
To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [TechAssist] A couple of slightly wierd fixes today

ctc203J10 and others like it I'm sure,  had squealing from the smps
transformer and area.  I siliconed the beads on the legs of the diodes
right next to it.  I thought that took care of it.  Next day--similar
symptom---no where near as loud (beads were definetly ringing)   Had to
pull the HDT and take off the black plastic.  I put some varnish in the
cap of a spray can.  Turned the HDT upside down and put it in the
varnish for a while. (tried momentary varnishing and it didn't work)
Let dry and reinstalled---no problem now.  I've varnished a lot of yokes
over the years--and a few smps transformers---but never a HDT.

Next--  Toshiba cn32h95  tac9810  pic was going dark.  I made assumption
of bad tuner based on that I've replaced a few before (ela12lx5  $12.41
tritron) and resolder the can directly behind it.  Still had same
symptom.  Found pin on micro ta12--  (uhh forgot--and all ready put it
together)  I think ta1295?  Whatever---found a pin that was never
soldered from the factory---how it worked at all was amazing.  This is
something most people would find (that is people on this list)  I just
thought I'd point it out.
Jeff
Lyles TV and Appliance
Elkhorn, Wi.  53121