[TechAssist] Re: 32" RCA CTC187 - Dead

  • From: mebonnell@xxxxxxxxx (Old TV Man)
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 19:25:20 -0500

Dan be sure to check Q4105 and CR4104. Tip at end of message.

Max Bonnell
Bonnell TV
Robinson, IL

Sender: techassist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx From:
dgarris@xxxxxxxxxxx(Dan=A0Garris) Date: Sat, Oct 23, 2004, 6:04pm
(CDT+1) To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: [TechAssist] Re: 32" RCA
CTC187 - Dead Set Reply=A0to: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

For now, I do not think so Max, I'm using a Sams #3672. Thanks for the
offer.

Dan Garris
Garrris Radio & TV
New Bern, NC

From: mebonnell@xxxxxxxxx (Old TV Man)
To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [TechAssist] Re: 32" RCA CTC187 - Dead Set
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 16:03:02 -0500

Dan - do you need the schematic scanned?

Max Bonnell
Bonnell TV
Robinson, IL

Sender: techassist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx From:
dgarris@xxxxxxxxxxx(Dan=3DA0Garris) Date: Sat, Oct 23, 2004, 4:30pm
(CDT+1) To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: [TechAssist] 32" RCA
CTC187 - Dead Set? Reply=3DA0to: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
What: =3DA0 32" RCA TV
Model: =3DA0 F32672SB
Chassis: CTC187CL3
Sams#: 3672
Dead Set, No blown fuse, No Relay CLick, HOT Shorted.
Replaced w/ Original Q4401 BUH517 HOT, Replaced U4101 STK730-150
Regulator IC, Performed TOB repairs and even changed the 223957 eeprom,
(using original eeprom set still dead) Checked several of the common
failure diodes ok, Resoldered L14101 coil and horiz. driver transformer.
The standby p/s voltages are all there and ok (These are test points 1-5
on the Sams). I supplied +12v to the emitter of Q4852 (12v Reg) to get
the set to fire up and it did, ...I turned up the screen control on the
flyback and I have a blank screen with retrace lines, no picture, no
OSD, can't even access setup menu. At least I know the FBT & HV circuits
are workable! I am getting a mental block on this one and looking for
some help. Do I have a bad T-Chip or has anyone seen this description
while troubleshooting a CTC187?

Dan Garris
Garris Radio & TV
New Bern, NC
dgarris@xxxxxxxxxxx
Ph: (252) 638-4477
=A0TELEVISION=A0RCA=A0CTC187CL2=A0DEAD=A0Q4105 leaky & CR4104
leaky Causing 5 Volt Standby line to be only 3.2 volts,Replace both=A0