[TechAssist] Re: 3 computer questions

  • From: "George" <grndmstrg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 21:48:28 -0700

Barry,

1) A raid card is a controller that allows two drives to work together
effectively doubling the performance (speed) and they at as one big drive.
This is what I am using now.

2) The CPU cache is primary memory built in to retain your most recently
used information; it helps to speed up response by making it available
faster than having to access the hard drives. The front side bus the inter-
connecting information highway between the motherboard functions, the speed
at which commands and information travel on it in this case is either 400 or
800 MHz per second,  memory in pairs needed to get the 800 MHz speed. This
has a much greater effect on performance than the CPU clock speed.

3) Usually, SIS and other brands have performance enhancement and other
features incorporated in some of their motherboards that Intel does not
provide, preferring that you buy a more expensive CPU instead.

Sounds like you are putting together a real hot rod.

Good Luck,

George
Afana Electronics
Moreno Valley, CA