[TechAssist] Re: 2nd try - Need part ID for JVC stereo MX-GT80 forD723, and D703

  • From: Gary McCartney <gary@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 14:02:59 -0400

Tom, I seem to remember in the past that with those MTZ numbers, the
voltage rating is shown in the part number, so the MTZJ15C-T2 would be a
15V zener and the MTZJ36A-T2 would be a 36V zener.

Please try to confirm these before you go ahead and install new parts in
case I'm not correct. If the set has another zener with similar number
on it, pull it and test it to what voltage it "zeens" (regulates) at.
Then you can tell by the number on the part if what I mentioned was
correct.

Gary McCartney

McCartney Electronics
Guelph Ontario Canada
Est. 1984
email: gary (at) number63.ca

Tom Sherman wrote:

> LeRoy,  I looked up this model on the JVC Servicenet for authorized
> service centers. They list D703 as an MTZJ15C-T2 and D723 as an
> MTZJ36A-T2. They are simply descibed as Z-Diode. I have no idea what
> their value is, they don't  cross on NTE.
> Maybe try a Google search or another cross reference.
> Tom Sherman
> Bayside Electronics
> Digby, NS
> Canada
> Phone/Fax (902) 245-5375
>
> LeRoy Westlund wrote:
>
> >They appear to be zener diodes, but, I have NO idea of their value.
> >Please,...if someone can help, it is very much appreciated.
> >
> >TIA,
> >LLW
> >
> >LeRoy Westlund
> >Westlund TV & Electronics              I've heard it said:
> >93 North Main                             "that a fool never learns"
> >Centerfield, UT 84622-0087     It kinda reminds me of me.
> >Ph./Fax  435-528-3822
> >mailto:LLW@xxxxxxxxxx
> >

> >*****************************************************************************
> >Classifieds! Buy or Sell!
> >http://sell.tech-assist.org
> >The Tech Address Book:
> >http://www.tech-assist.org/secure/tip/contact.htm
> >Add a Repair Tip Here, or Change/Remove your Email Address:
> >http://www.tech-assist.org/secure/tip/main.htm
> >Lost Password:
> >http://www.tech-assist.org  and select "Lost your Login Info?".
> >Email Archives: