[TechAssist] 2nd request Orion TV2501B..intermittent video and other problems.

  • From: "Intrepid Video Support" <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Techassist" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 15:13:53 -0400

This unit came in with no video. During troubleshooting with checking the G2
and other voltages, the video
came back. Now the only problem is when I press power, the screen goes to
bright with retrace for a split
second.
Many techs have mentioned the CRT, but I don't think that is the problem as the
voltages I get when it has
acted up are all the same with the CRT PCB removed.
Is there any history of flybacks causing this...if so, a source besides Fox.
Or isn't there a circuit that is to blank the video during this time so the
retrace lines are not seen?
Thank you...

Jeff Dougherty
Intrepid Video TV/VCR