[TechAssist] 21" Viewsonic monitor PS 810 Won't turn on most of the time

  • From: "Bill S" <billans@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 10:30:48 -0700

Hi all;
 We have two of these units; Viewsonic 21" PS 810  FCC# GSS21010  Chassis#
21VS001
Will not turn on.  I checked for obvious shorts and nothing.  Checked and
repaired numerous bad solder connections with some connections being quite
bad.  When this unit was upside down on its face and partially assembled
after doing the numerous solder touch up, this unit would turn on and off
every single time I powered it up.
I re-assembled the ground covers and the cabinet and tried it and nothing.
I then pushed the power button a couple of more times and it came on again.
The current meter shows a small difference when it comes on as versus it not
coming on.  Its almost like it wants too, but cannot.  This unit chassis is
a bear to try to run without it being assembled.
Any ideas?
Thanks
Bill Sorensen
New Life Video & Audio