[tech-spec] Re: BB()

  • From: BBands <BBands@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'tech-spec@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <tech-spec@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 07:29:15 -0800

Missed first time around:

In Trade, a language of my own devising:

Where x is a time series:

Normalized Volume = volume(x) / average(volume(x), 50, simple) * 100

BandWidth = (upperBB(close(x), 20, 2) - lowerBB(close(x), 20, 2)) /
midBB(close(x), 20) * 100

The numerically quick will note that BandWidth as specified is four times
the coefficient of variation.

> Tomorrow, will wrestle with Mandrake Linux machine and get
> running there too.

How did that go?

> Best,
>
> Vince Fulco