[tech-spec] Re: API's

  • From: Tom McCubbin <tmccubbin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tech-spec@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2005 11:50:28 -0500

J. Rollert wrote:

OK, I have got to fess-up...I don't know squat about
API's.  I use TC200 data sets, and am trying to use
the API they have to link with R.  Anybody already
try/do this or can someone direct me where I can get a
good background on API's?

API = application programming interface

each is different. I have written several bridges, and would be happy to help. What operating system are you on, and what version of R?

R's extension writers guide is the place to start on the r side.
http://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/R-exts.pdf

If you can come up w/ some TC200 api docs, i can help you, 'cause i must admit, i haven't got a clue what TC200 data sets are :)

-tom