[team33] Testing

  • From: Alexei Kounine <aleko379@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: team33@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 10:51:06 +0100

Hej everyone!

We kind of finished the implementation.
I have written and tested the function getLinks, which now works
perfectly.
Markus has written the insertBooking query.
These are the two most important ones to test.
I would use timers at least for the getLinks, since it's a big function,
and it takes quite a lot of time to get the results, especially when
there are a big number of Links to be sent back.

Concerning the testing report, You can also say that the database is
ready to accept second level requirements such as seat preferences, and
credit card payment.
However we didn't implement it in the interfaces, since we decided with
the other groups that we will never have time to do it.

Also simple functions for the admin interface are present, but again,
not used in the interfaces.

Markus i noticed that there is no column car, nor train in the table
seatres. I think that we agreed having these 2.
Can you just add these two to the script?

Joachim, i hope that you're managing the testing, because i won't take
part in it (for once), so you'de better contact the other responsible,
and start (with some others) coding the testing modules.

An example of how to connect to the database is in the function main in
PumpkinDB.java. You can use it to launch the other functions.
The database we're using now is the one on my computer (pumpkindbtest).
If you want to have a look at it, to see if one query worked, you can go
to that address:
kou.homeip.net/admin/phpMyAdmin/
This is a web tool for managing the databases.

If you have questions, ask me, but i want the work to be done. All the
guys who participated in the design and implementation have worked a
lot. I expect you to do the same now.

see ya

Alex

--