[team2039mentors] robotics woodie flowers award

  • From: "Mary Johnson" <MJohnson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <team2039mentors@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 08:33:02 -0600

I sent the below message out earlier this week, but have not received
any responses. Perhaps it did not go through to all the mentors.  Mary

_______________

Team 2039 Mentors -

Each year we have the opportunity to nominate two students for a
regional Dean's List Award. Chris has graciously volunteered to write
the recommendations. The paragraph below is from the US FIRST website
and gives you some information about the award.

The students who earn FIRST Dean’s List Award status as either an
Entrant/Nominee, Finalist or Winner, will not only be great examples of
student leaders who have led their teams and communities to increased
awareness for FIRST and its mission all the while achieving personal
technical expertise and accomplishment, but it is FIRST’s intention that
they will continue on, post-award, as great leaders of FIRST’s ever
growing student alumni and as advocates of FIRST.  The FIRST Dean’s List
Award, introduced in 2010, joined the ranks of other prestigious FIRST
awards like the FIRST Founder’s Award which honors sponsors or other
supporters who help to grow FIRST; the Woodie Flowers Award, which
honors outstanding mentors at FIRST; and the Chairman’s Award, which
honors the teams believed to have best achieved the mission of FIRST.
US FIRST strongly encourages teams to nominate high school juniors so
that award winners can include this accomplishment in their college
applications.

We have five juniors on our team.  Please select two students from this
list who you suggest we nominate for this award. I would appreciate
receiving responses by Saturday, January 26.

Eli Ball
Patrick Brown
Andrew Landerholm
Alex McInerney
Brenden Taylor

Mary

P.S.  We actually have a two more juniors on the team: Harold Lamb and
Joseph Gleiter. However they have not completed the FIRST registration
process.

------- DISCLAIMER
This message and any attachments are confidential to the ordinary user
of the e-mail address to which it was addressed and may also be
privileged. If you are not one of the addressees you may not copy,
forward, disclose or use any part of the message or its attachments.  If
immediately by return e-mail and delete it from your system. The sender
does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the context of
this message that arise as a result of Internet transmission. Sender
accepts no liability for any damages caused by any virus transmitted by
this email.  Any opinions contained in this message are those of the
author and are not given or endorsed by the Rock River Water Reclamation
District (RRWRD) unless otherwise clearly indicated in this message and
the authority of the author to so bind the RRWRD referred to is duly
verified.
------- DISCLAIMER