[team2039] New Server Thing

  • From: Mark Amber <balloooza314@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: team2039@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2010 22:30:43 -0600

I have set up a new server, this one is a virtual machine server, so in
simple talk, it has many "virtual" computers inside it.

I will most likely be setting up the driver station on it (so we could save
the step of getting out the driver station laptop, code and test from the
same machine)

Also, I put this software called tracks <http://www.getontracks.org/>on it,
I think it will help us stay on track, and make a list of what needs to be
done, who will do it, and by when. Also this tracks software is useful
because it not only requires no install, it is on a web browser (that is for
you, not for me) but it works without internet, since although the internet
is good sometimes, it cannot be counted on.

That being said, once we have another gaming adapter, you would be able to
access this from home too, although that might not be that important,
because durring the build season we are there so much we would not need to
do (nor have the time to do) anything at home.

Take a look at it when you are there on Tuesday, it might
be something your sub team could use.