[TCUG] Re: Vandalism + ELV signals

  • From: "Pat Gregory" <patrick.gregory2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 15:11:38 -0000

From a (YO!) street point of view! We have found that if anything the slide
and lock mounts for both corners are possibly too tight, which tend to break
the plastic bosses and their mounts rather than move out of alignment.
Although this sounds a contradiction in terms, unfortunately when the mounts
are damaged it makes it impossible to tighten the heads again without
replacing the mounting equipment. It would be preferable to have a mount
with some give, which would allow the signal head to be re-aligned and
tightened, rather than damage the mounting bosses. The grey corner's
friction mounts were pretty good for this! Of course best practice means
that the possibility of RTA damage would be designed out!!!!!

Regards

Pat Gregory
Director
Traffic and Transportation Services Ltd