[TCUG] Re: Puffin information

  • From: "Welsh, Paul" <Paul.Welsh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 14:51:36 +0100

And they look ugly, almost as bad as me!  (Drawing up the "Guide to good
practice" it was made clear to the working party that they were a pet hate
of environmentalists, planners etc.  Yes I will go and wash my mouth out!)
Using the right brackets the pedestal can go at 0.6m clearance, in line with
the guard rail and have the heads 0.6m clear as well.

On the detection, I have the opinion that there is a fuzzy envelope where
they are a benefit.
Busy city centre sites no footway detection
Fast lightly used main road sites, no detection, because users will wait,
its' too dangerous to do otherwise
In between detection often has a place, but I haven't yet worked out a
detailed logic.

PW