[TCUG] Re: Inclusive Mobility

  • From: "Wallis, Ian" <Ian.Wallis@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 08:43:19 -0000

Am I alone in thinking that a bright yellow box which contrasts with the
darker pole colour highlights where the pushbutton is just as well as any
other contrasting item would.

For information, here in Derby we fit tactile cones to all pushbutton units.

Ian Wallis
Derby City Council

From: Matthew Smith <MASmith@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 17:14:30 -0000
Subject: [TCUG] Inclusive Mobility

> Dear All,
>
> Reading through the DfT document "Inclusive Mobility" I notice that
> this
> "Best Practice" guide mentions using a contrasting band of colour to
> identify the post on which the unit [the push button] is mounted.  This
> is a
> new one to me and a quick straw poll of my colleagues tells me that I
> am not
> alone.
>
> Do any other authorities use this method to identify the push buttons?
> If
> so is every pole with a PBU marked or just the ones with rotating
> cones?  Is
> there a standard material for banding, for example, should a reflective
> material be used?  Does anyone have the name of a suitable supplier?
>
> Any comments gratefully received.
>
> Many thanks.
>
> Matthew Smith
> Assistant Engineer
> Transport Programmes & Improvements

> MIMEsweeper for the presence of computer viruses

views which are not the views of Nottingham City Council unless specifically
stated. If you have received it in error, please delete it from your system,
do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in reliance
on it and notify the sender immediately. Please note that Nottingham City
Council monitors e-mails sent or received. Further communication will
signify your consent to this.

The views expressed in this email are personal and may not
necessarily reflect those of Derby City Council, unless explicitly
stated otherwise

This email, and any files transmitted with it, are confidential and
are addressed. If you have received this email in error, please
notify me immediately.

If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you should not
copy it for any purpose, or disclose its contents to any other
person.

swept by MIMEsweeper for the presence of computer viruses.
However, we cannot accept liability for viruses that may be in
this e-mail. We recommend that you check all e-mails with an
appropriate virus scanner.

www.mimesweeper.com