[TCUG] Re: BV165 Re-visited

  • From: "Hodge, Peter" <PeterHodge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 09:44:39 -0000

Dave,

Here in East Sussex the BV165 results are as follows:

Previous measure including Zebras = 82%
Previous measure excluding Zebras = 93%
New Formula excluding Zebras, but including dropped kerb measure (+/-6mm)=
58%

The new formula has resulted in a 24% drop when compared with previous
method, which included Zebras. It also shows that the inclusion of Zebras,
whilst using the previous method of measurement reduced the results by 11%.
Clearly we would support the removal of zebras from the calculations.

The introduction of the dropped kerb measure has therefore resulted in a
drop from 93% to 58% (35%)in real terms.

Hope this helps

Peter Hodge
Owen Williams Consultants
On behalf of East Sussex County Council