[TCUG] BV 165 District Audit

  • From: "Rimmer, Stephen - Env&Dev" <Stephen.Rimmer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 16:15:09 -0000

I am currently in discussions with District Audit who are asking lots of
questions about how to determine a crossing is compliant with BVPI 165.
They came to see me last week and spent quite sometime going through the
guidance, since then he has visited several sites in the area.  He has just
rung me to ask about our understanding of the following comment in the
guidance:

However, it is not acceptable for a crossing to be regarded as compliant in
circumstances where other traffic management alterations could be made to
allow the crossing to be fully compliant.  This would apply, for example, i=
the installation of additional detection to allow an extended clearance
period when traffic is caught within a junction at the end of the vehicle
green would in turn allow installation of audible and/or tactile indicators=
,
in circumstances where otherwise such signals would not be provided for ris=
of directing visually-impaired pedestrians to begin crossing when traffic
was still moving.  Similarly, crossings should not be counted as compliant
if fitting a noise reducer on the crossing could overcome objections from
neighbours about noise nuisance.=20

If you can let me have your views, I will pass them on to him

Thanks

Stephen Rimmer
Tel. 0151-906 4830
Fax. 0151-471 7307
Important Notice:
This message is intended for the indicated addressees only and may be confi=
dential. If this message has come to you in error you must  take no action =
based on it, nor must you copy or show it to anyone; Please inform us immed=
iately.
** Please note that this message has been created in the knowledge that Int=
ernet e-mail is not a 100% secure communication medium. We strongly advise =
that you bear this in mind and act on it when sending or receiving e-mail.
** This communication does not, unless expressly indicated by the sender in=
 the body of the message, create or modify any contract
** Although this e-mail and its attachments are believed to be clear of any=
 virus, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that the messag=
e does not carry any virus.=20
**Halton Borough Council does not accept liability for any statements made =
which are clearly the senders own personal views and are not expressly made=
 on behalf of Halton Borough Council.
** The information contained in this email may be subject to public disclos=
ure under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 or other legal duty. Unless t=
he information is legally exempt from disclosure, the confidentiality of th=
is email AND YOUR REPLY cannot be guaranteed.