[tccrockets] Re: Who remembers the story?

  • From: Bob Feretich <bob.feretich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tccrockets@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, JAMES FRANCO <ALDOCYBER3@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 May 2022 12:16:46 -0700

My guess is that the rocket body was not sufficiently vented.

A 8" body tube has a cross-sectional area of just over 50 sq inches. A 1.2 PSI pressure differential (inside to atmosphere) is all that is needed to break sheer pins rated for 60 lbs.

-Bob

On 5/25/2022 9:09 PM, JAMES FRANCO wrote:
Fwd: [tccrockets] Re: Drag separation
Here is the original email string from the chat. We used to have good discussions on the chat, let's start that up again.