[tccrockets] Re: LDRS 2013 Project

  • From: Sam Fineberg <sam@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tccrockets@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2013 07:29:18 +0300

On 7/1/2013 5:37 AM, gerald meux wrote:
I think there are a few going to LDRS 2013 here is my planned project for this year (finally finished painted) Ok my LDRS 2013 rocket project is finished painted!Here are the quick stats: 4" Diameter, 110" long (9.16ft) , 20lbs dry (no motor case), Motor Cesaroni N5800, altitude 40,000ft @ Mach 2.5 (1900 miles per hour), 2 altimeters, 1 gps, radio frequency tracker, 2 on board video cameras (one being go pro hero 3), CO2 and Black Powder for drogue charges, AARD for main (dual deployment, single compartment).Name of rocket after my girlfriend Kari as she is "one tough pill to swallow" :).Also in case you don’t see the face that’s on the side of the rocket…. ;)Wish me luck on the flight!
Thanks, Gerald Meux, Jr.

What is the fin can made out of? By the way, does your girlfriend know that you are going to melt her face off the rocket?

Sam

--
Sam Fineberg
Sam@xxxxxxxxxxxx / K6SAF