[tccrockets] Re: Hello?

  • From: "Rob Diehl" <rwdiehl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tccrockets@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2011 14:46:20 -0700

Hmmm…

Too quiet.  hehe

Well BALLS was a lot of fun.

I had a couple issues with my KestreL flight which included me sanding the
nosecone after the tip was broken off (another story).  Definitely not an
optimal shape now.

Apparently she is a fat pig.  I only got to mach 1.6 and about 26k altitude.
Winds were pretty heavy, but I am more depressed about the mach number than the
overall altitude.  I was anticipating breaking mach 2.

It was good for a first high altitude flight though.  I am  happy that I have
the rocket back.

Now, once I get all the dust out of the RV, I can get back to my L3 project for
OS.

Rob