[tccrockets] Re: Glue opinion sought for those using West Systems

  • From: James Dougherty <jafrado@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tccrockets@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tccrockets@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2015 21:44:41 -0700

Hey guys

I use 406 colloidal for shaping and general fillets and use chopped glass for
structure. I used to use a lot of chopped glass for fillets - it works but just
adds weight. Then I move to Kevlar tape for fins (8 or 16 strips) and just use
406 fins. Simple and easy and strong - 3 parts to order. That Nike smoke I had
survived a beating; it works and saved weight in the ass so I am going to keep
that technique for big bad-ass power birds.

Richard .. The V2 is whipping my ass; I ended up making another epoxy swabbing
stick and it broke this weekend so now I have to wait (again) to make a new
stick to apply epoxy...

Sent from my iPhone