[tccrockets] Apollo Artifact Collection

  • From: Steve Jurvetson <SJ@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "aeropac-members@xxxxxxxxxx" <aeropac-members@xxxxxxxxxx>, TCC <tccrockets@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, LUNAR General <lunar-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2012 10:23:40 -0800

This is a a fun one…

CBS-c|net just put out a photo gallery of some of the historical space
artifacts I have on display at the office:
http://news.cnet.com/8301-19882_3-57372186-250/vc-turns-office-into-apollo-museum/

It includes LM hardware that spent three days on the moon during Apollo 16,
original hand-written Grumman engineering notes during the final push to
complete Eagle for Apollo 11, the DSKY that Neil Armstrong and all the rest
used in training, as well as the LM model and Apollo 14 landing site from the
KSC simulator, one of the first CSM fuel cells, phones used in Gemini recovery,
the flown orbital chart from GT-3, and a derivative of the full LM Descent
Engine.

If you want to see more information, more artifacts, or if you have some
information to add for any of the artifacts, I am building that repository here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jurvetson/sets/72157623704246792
And it's amazing how much information is lurking out there, some of it in the
minds of aged engineers, and I hope it can be collected before it is lost.

Steve

Steve Jurvetson

Draper Fisher Jurvetson

Phone:  650-233-9000