[tccrockets] Re: Anyone using magnetic switches for arming altimeters?

  • From: Mike Smith <msmith9144@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tccrockets@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tccrockets@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2015 09:27:29 -0800

Good morning Richard,

My Raven altimeter is armed and disarmed by a magnet. I've armed it in my
Fatman, but that rocket had a hatch door set for the electronics. Not quite
a AV-BAY setup. How big of a rocket are you working with. I've toyed with
it outside of a rocket. I used a COW Magnet. The magnet is about 3/4 inch
dia. And 3 in. Long it would arm and disarm from 10 inches away.
MS

On Saturday, February 28, 2015, Richard King <drrbk@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>   Ideally, I would like to arm and disarm using an external magnet.
> Using simple burglar alarm type switches seems dicey.  Does anyone use a
> switch that is “click-on, click-off” and is small enough for smaller sized
> AV bays?
> Thanks!
>
> Richard King

Sent from Gmail Mobile