[tcb] Re: ouch part 2

  • From: Neil McGlothin <nbmdude@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 08:12:17 -0800 (PST)

Dang Fred, er, ah Brian...Time to do like Mark
said...retire for the winter, let your lovely wife
wait on you hand and FOOT!  Channel the puppie's
energies into learnin' to bring you refreshing
beverages instead of diggin' holes!

--- Katrina <k.d.martin@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I hope you get well soon!
> Teach them dogs to quit diggin' holes... Or not my
> precious Thor makes huge holes in our yard also...
> Gosh I better watch out or I will have a broken leg!
> Build you some kind of path, one the dogs can't mess
> up.
>
> Katrina & Dan Martin
> 71'bus "Homer"
> http://web.mac.com/danandkatrinamartin/
> http://ical.mac.com/danandkatrinamartin/Volks32Shows
>

> On Monday, November 13, 2006, at 06:53AM, "Mark
> Sawyer" <mechmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >Time to retire for the winter. Fix yourself an
> adult beverage and heal. Best wishes--mark
> >
> >Brian Denning <i_am_cool_fred@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> so i was feeling much better this weekend and was
> just about walking
> >normally. i decided to go out and work on the bus
> because it is just about
> >ready for the por. so i went out there and turned
> on the lights in the shop
> >started pulling the carpet back getting it ready
> for paint. diana calls my
> >name "brian come here" so i walk to the deck she
> hands me the water timer
> >that we use on our grass in the summer and asks me
> to put it in the shop. i
> >take it and turn to walk away and well, the yard is
> covered in leaves right
> >now and well you can't see much under the leaves so
> i turn around and manage
> >to find one of the many holes that grace the basset
> has dug in the yard. i
> >step in the whole with the bum ankle and i am down
> for the count. my leg
> >begins to bruse badly my bruise around my ankle
> suddenly grows 5 times
> >bigger than it was and my ankle as again swollen 3
> times it's already
> >swollen size. i am laying in the yard diana is
> screaming she gets the dogs
> >off of me (both thought i wanted to play with them)
> takes freckles the bagel
> >in the house grace refused to go in the house
> because she knows something is
> >wrong. she goes back down the steps and lays next
> to me crying diana comes
> >back out with crutches and helps me walk up the
> steps and through the house.
> >we inspect the damage. like i said much worse so we
> start calling family
> >members. what should we do? my mom won't answer her
> phone so i call my
> >grandmother. she says child take your butt to the
> emergency room that bruise
> >isn't a good sign. so we get in diana's car, well
> actually i fall into
> >diana's car (it is amazing how much you use your
> left foot). and go to the
> >emergency room. well that takes 2 freaking hours.
> why? because the person in
> >line in front of me has a cold and has been
> coughing all day. well i finally
> >get into see the nurse and she asks what is wrong i
> wanted to tell her
> >"diana pushed me down the stairs." for those of you
> who have seen diana and
> [...]

"The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If
you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've
never seen anybody really find the answer-- they think they have, so they stop
thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in
which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater
than the need for an answer."

-- Ken Kesey

http://new.mail.yahoo.com