[tcb] Re: disco brakes

  • From: Jammy <damhippiekustoms@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 11:46:03 -0700 (PDT)

I with you still no 3rd

Brian Denning <i_am_cool_fred@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:  also one other problem with
the bus. it makes this god awful roaring noise
when acclerating or deaccelerating. the p.o. said that when he bought the
bus the tranny was resting on the axles. nothing was holding it up. could
that be the noise is worn cv joints?

and how do i adjust for 2nd gear? that is the only one i am having problems
with right now. reverse is fine and 4th is fine. i just have a hard time
finding 2nd

>From: Dan Martin
>To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: [tcb] Re: disco brakes
>Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 13:09:27 -0500
>
>You can see if they have one at Busted Bus.
>
>http://www.bustedbus.com/
>
>Or Way Out Salvage:
>
>http://www.wayoutsalvage.com/
>
>I don't see the turn signal switch on any of the NEW parts places.
>I know I looked for a while to find a good used blinker switch for a 71.
>
>I am not sure that is the cure to your problem, I just know the blinker
>switches are problematic.
>If your fuse box is in the stock location the high beam relay may corroded
>from water intrusion. (mine was)
>And as always clean ALL the grounds.
>
>On Jun 20, 2006, at 12:50 PM, Brian Denning wrote:
>
>>ok here is the new funny for today
>>
>>everytime i mash the brakes...well not everytime...the headlights bust
>>out into some disco strobe lights and alternate between bright and dim.
>>
>>wtf?
>>
>>what do i do?
>>
>>how cool is that?
>>
>>oh and just so you know. the blinker switch i don't think is original and
>>there is a toggle switch that opperates the brights. that is probably the
>>problem the real question is where do i get a new switch other than
>>bus_boys.

>>Is your PC infected? Get a FREE online computer virus scan from McAfee®
>>Security. http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp? cid=3963

Keep it Aircooled,

          Jammy Thomas
     Dam Hippie Kustoms