[tcb] bus deal is bust

  • From: Todd and Lisa Prigmore <prigmores@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2008 11:25:22 -0400

  Lisa, the kids and I are on our way home from So. Cal where we were to pick up our new '59 11 window standard walkthrough. It turns out the bus was rougher than I expected, not a straight panel on it and the worst bondo bucket I have seen in a long time. The stuff was coming off in thick sheets on nearly every panel. The driver's side rear roof was rusted through and piled with the stuff, it had no drip rail unless you count the crumbling one that was completely formed out of bondo. I don't mind doing some body work, but that bus would have taken me a long time to get straightened out.
  I was ready to pull the trigger anyway since I agreed to the sale based on the poor pictures- nothing was actually misrepresented (besides I really want a bullet walkthough bus). Well the guy didn't have the title, his cousin three hours away did who wasn't available for another 9 hours or so. This guy knows exactly when we will take delivery for a month and doesn't have the "clear title"?!? We are on a schedule to get back to work. Of course he offers to take the rest of my $$ and mail me the title when he gets it. So we decide to head back with an empty tow bar and four new sprint stars with new tires but nothin to put 'em on (yet).
  Now the plan is keep looking and put the word out what we're looking for. We will also be going to shows with cash and a towbar just in case ;)

Todd
WTB- walkthrough bus w/ bullet turn signals (will travel).