[tcb] Zoom Zoom. [WAS: Re: Re: The 7 parts of fire]

  • From: Gerald Livingston <gerald.tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 16:56:09 -0600

I checked them and made sure I was getting 12V at the points on/off as
I rotated the engine (12V test light clipped on and flashing as it
turned).

It was probably the condenser but I just replaced everything I had
access to (except points, I just filed those since they rode good
on the shaft) rather than keep testing the pieces. It sat long enough
that the other stuff would probably fail quickly anyway.

New coil, condenser, rotor, and Bosch wire set. Haven't changed the
plugs yet as I was just testing for spark at the end of the wires.

Got it.

Started it.

Need a new stock muffler -- header is ridiculously loud and may be
inducing the backfire that I got when I shut it down.

http://tcb-web.org/photos/displayimage.php?album=2&pid=25

G2