[tcb] You Guys Missed a Good Time

  • From: kelly dosch <kellydosch@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texas Coalition of Buses <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 May 2011 02:35:05 -0700 (PDT)

 We went to the Showboat Drive in tonight with some VW club that got on here
and
invited us. I forget who it was.  As it turned out, it was just Christina & me
and two New Beetles. Pfff.

  But The Showboat was a blast. We should try to organize that a little better
some time if you're not all too far away.

  We parked in the back row so we could pop the top and watch the double
feature
from the top bunk. It was breezy and cozy. It was nice to get away from the
city
lights. I saw The Big Dipper and 3 shooting stars.

  I loaded my fridge with snacks and drinks, but I kind of regret it.  They
have
awesome junk food and the prices are not all jacked up like most theaters.

  I expected bad pizza at $5 a slice and soggy $3 fries. Nope. This joint has
shrimp baskets, corn dogs, Frito pie, Slushies, cotton candy, Bananas  Foster,
cheese burgers, etc,... and the prices were perfectly reasonable. Not $17.50
for
M&Ms, popcorn and a Coke like back home in Detroit. I spent more on chips and
M&Ms at a gas station than I would have spent on their food.

  It was a really fun and affordable.  Does anybody live close enough to go
sometime?