[tcb] What did the ice storm cost?

  • From: "Denis" <coocoo@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 10:46:36 -0600

My USAA insurance is at work. I called them because there was some damage to
the floor of the kitchen in front of the fridge because it melted stuff when
the power went off. The boards there are all warped now. I also have scratches
and busted taillights on the truck, We put the Element in a ditch.

So the adjuster comes to the house and tells us that he recommends all new
floors in the upper part of the house. The hot tub pipes froze and the water
all drained and he told us to call a technetium to get an estimate. Then I took
the truck to the shop where I bought it and that guy recommends $5600 worth of
repairs, a basic refurbishing.

I am about to run the Element to him and no telling what that will bring.

I didn't think we had nearly this much damage, but there is the silver lining.