[tcb] Update on Sparky

  • From: "Ronnie Hughes" <y4s6wd5@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 May 2005 20:58:55 -0500

Well, it's been a long time coming, but Sparky is finally going back together.
After a few birthdays and my son's graduation, I have a three day weekend to
get Sparky back on the road.  Man what a pain installing the roll-up windows
are.  I installed new rubbers, scrapers, etc. and VW did not make this user
friendly.  I can pull my engine in less time than it took for two windows
today. 4 hours for the drivers side and 1 hour for the passenger side.
Dan just so you wouldn't feel bad I went ahead and broke my windshield while
installing it.  New one will be here Wednesday so I still shooting for the
Herbie Cruise at The Woodlands.  Hope to get off Monday to cruise with Herbie
to Dallas.

Here's a few photos.  http://sparkythebus.netfirms.com/just_about_there.htm

Fracdog