[tcb] Re: Trip Report - US Grand Prix

  • From: Dan Martin <danandkatrinamartin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 11:16:38 -0500

I had a very similar dream last night, but of corse my sponsor was Marlboro.............

And they never really offered me any tickets.

On Jun 15, 2007, at 11:07 AM, Will Wood wrote:

Since it's Friday and I'm a bit down about this weekend I thought I'd share my "planned" trip report for this weekend. I had asked AT&T for tickets so I could take my kids. They sponsor the Williams Formula One Team. AT&T was sponsoring the whole weekend. That's cool..

Friday, left from DFW to Indianapolis. I was met by the AT&T Limosine and taken to the Hyatt near the Motor Speedway.

Friday night, I attended a reception with the AT&T Williams Formula One team, Black Tie. I would up meeting Sr. Frank Williams, the Team Owner. He reminded me of "Ironside." I had a great time and wound up getting drunk and meeting the tidy bowl man. Good thing it was a rental.

Saturday Morning, woke up, hungover and made it over to the Pits to watch the practice and qualifying sessions. My head felt like a Gallagher watermelon after the sledge o matic. Something about 19,000 RPM engines and a Brandy hangover just don't mix. Did I mention the stains on the Tuxedo? Anyway..

Saturday Afternoon I attended the reception for the Williams Team and met some of the Pit Girls. Good thing the wife didn't come on this trip. Fortunately I was able to bribe the cameraman so he wouldn't "send me copies."

Saturday Night, another reception *yawn*, I did get to meet a few of the other team mechanics and a couple of the drivers. David Coultard who? I did get to meet Bernie Ecclestone, he is a prick just like on TV.

Sunday Morning, made it to the track and went up to the luxury suite. Myself and 30 other execs that AT&T flew in to watch this. Now I know why I don't hang out with that crowd. Brunch was served and we all BS'd until about noon when the festivities really started.

The Race Started, what an event. It's amazing that Felipe Masa can drive with such a "repressed" team member. Hamilton is great and the race was fantastic. Being in that Luxury box gave me a view of the whole track in air conditioned comfort.

Sunday Night, flew home and crashed into bed.

Now, you're asking..

"WTF?  Why didn't you go?!?!?!?!?"

1) I have three sons and AT&T ponied up two tickets. Leaving one kid at home is a no no.
2) It was meant for execs, kids would be out of place.

The things we do as Fathers, the sacrifices, especially on Father's day..

:-(

Dan Martin
1971 VW Bus
H.B.B.