[tcb] Trip Report: Galveston, Bulli Gras

  • From: KatrinaMartin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 20:13:27 -0600

Thursday night we headed out to Galveston to camp. Dan & I were meeting up with
Jerry &
Pamela, they were
coming from Fort Hood. Dan & I traveled down the I-10 to 36. Let me tell ya
something
though it took us 4
hours to get to Galveston State Park. I know your wondering,"Why did it take
you 4 hours"?
Well Dan & I looked
at the map and decided to take a short cut, like a 15 minute shortcut. Never
take a shortcut
when it's 9:30 at
night.
It's hard to find the 4 number roads like 1458 to 1875(doesn't exist, maps just
make up
roads as they go along)
to 360, back to 36 to Galveston. We did arrive in Galveston at 1:30AM. So Denis
coming all
the way from
Arkansas made it there before we did. Jerry and Pamela put up the biggest tent
ever, Steve
even got up out of
bed to help them put it up,Steve's a really nice guy I tell ya. Denis took his
bus off of his
trailer. Dan & I got all
settled then went to bed. We all went to bed.
Friday Steve and Shirley made breakfast. They made pancakes and breakfat tacos.
Thank
ya'll! Then Steve and
Sharon found out that all of our buses could be parked together if we move to
another
camping area. So Denis,
Dan & I, Steve & Sharon, Mike E., Larry, Terry, Shirley, Camilla, Dennis &
Claudia, Jerry &
Pamela all loaded up
and went to some other campsites that were all together.
Much better, it was nice being so close to all of my friends. Then other people
arrived
through out the day, like
Paul Smith, Trey, Mark & Emily, Mark J., Duncan & Cindy, and then Ronnie. I
made a pot of
chili for dinner. Terry
also made a pot of chili. I heard Terry's was better than mine, whatever. I had
a great time on
Friday
night,especially when Dennis,Claudia, and Mike Everette got back from Mardi
Gras. Claudia is
now called the
"Pimp Bead Queen". She had some innocent women flash their boobs while she got
the
beads, now that's
pimpin'. Dan & I went to bed at 1:09AM.
Saturday Dan & I got up at 7AM. Ronnie, Steve, and I cooked breakfast. Thank
ya'll for
helping. Saturday
afternoon some of Dennis' friends showed up and made three huge bags of shrimp,
ten
pounds of red
potatoes, tons of corn, and lots of french fries. Dennis thanks for having such
nice friends
that will just cook for
a bunch of us. Dennis you know we are all just a dead beat VW gang anyway.
Later that
evening some people
went to Mardi Gras. Shirley, Camilla, Steve, Sharon and I went to a parade. I
enjoyed it so
much I p-$$@d my
pants. When we all got back to the campground Dan & Denis were gone. Dan &
Denis got
back 15 minutes after
we did. They went to Landry's seafood restaurant, Dan brought back a shrimp
po-boy for
me.
I was so glad because I was starving but I didn't want to cook anything. Dan &
I went to bed
at 9PM, we watched
a movie before we went to sleep, Duece Bigalo is a terrible movie.
Sunday we all got up and Dan & I cooked breakfast. Then everyone went home. The
end.

Katrina & Dan Martin
71'bus "Homer"
http://homepage.mac.com/danandkatrinamartin