[tcb] Trip Report #8

  • From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2011 18:52:30 -0700 (PDT)

Made it from Santa Cruz to San Simeon today.  The stretch of CA 1 from Monterey
to just north of San Simeon is the most gorgeous driving road that I have
ever driven.  This is my third or fourth time to drive it and the second in the
Baja.  It should be on any driving enthusiasts bucket list.  Lunch was in Big
Sur at the lodge.  Temps have been from a low of about 55 to a high of 75
today.  I feel sorry for all of you guys back home with the heat.  I will be
driving in it in a couple of days and am not looking forward to it.  Baja is
still purring like a kitten, well, more like a lion, but so far no car problems

Cruise has been averaging about 25 cars.  It varies a bit because some of the
locals come out and join us for a short stint and then go back home.  About 20
die hards that are doing the entire cruise..