[tcb] Re: Thanx

  • From: Matthew Callahan <bug6259@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 05:27:15 -0700 (PDT)

We had the greatest time Paul!
  We have only gone to two shows this year, yours and the Chaimberlains in
Fredricksburg. But we are wanting to get to Octoberfest....

  We stumbeled across this website 2 weeks ago called Love my bus
  here is a link http://lovemybus.com/smf/index.php

  Just another place to go and talk about our well loved buses...

singlecabboy <sealingwaxred@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  I promis I want ramble on .Thank you from the bottom
of my heart. Better than I ever dreamed it would be.
The planning has already startted for next year(I
bought two Coke cookie jars today for the auction
/raffle) Thank you for your genirosity, and your
talent for bothe the making of such kool things but
also opening your wallets .We tripled our donation
from the 1st two years. As you can see ,we are hardly
a Resort , very nice place to live and play ,but not a
resort as was intended back in the 60's . I still
can't get over how the city staff and PD stepped up
and made a huge difference in the quaulity of the
show. The dogs, the kids , the families having so much
fun just blows my mind .We grew over 100% this year .
We had chilie on friday, Breakfast tacos on Sat.
morning , pretty good hamburgers Sat. night. I
envision a cattered super some day , maybe fajitas or
something like that , a cajun meal sounds good. We had
folks jumpping up and having pinatas for the kids , a
kool kolering contest , It felt like being at a family
reunion without all the stuff that goes along with a
reunion , we had people rise to the occation and
coordinate the busses for the group photo , We had
people after the event postting photos on the Samba
and houston sites to let the folks know that thing is
worth coming to. We had folks show their craft for the
goodness of the show and Post, I can't thank you
enough. It feels really good when your associatted
with a group that these buiseness want us back , A
community that wants us back , Pat yourself on the
back for a job well done , everyone contribbuted in
some way weather you know it or not . Please spread
the word to anyone you know that has a bus , I don't
want to get too big , but it would be great to have a
cut off of 100 entriesThank you so much again for pre
entering , .I will be in Borne Sunday , so you can
pick them up from me there , The folks up north I will
be at Ft Worth nov. 5th,and Back to Austin on the 5th
, if you want your badge before then ,send me 5.00 for
postage, 47 s cliffwood cir belton tx 76513. Things
happened for a reson this weekend ,the rain held off
long enough to finish the show, 2hrs later the sun was
shining (the sunset Sunday I wantted Fri and Sat
night) It rained like a big dog this morning ,the burn
ban was liftted this afternoon . The t shirt design
has already been drawn, bumper badge also , also
things are already being discussed about how to make
it more enjoyable to everyone , Next year we will have
a snake pit (snake pit is the infield area of Indy
where folks stay up alittle later , better placement
of the genoraters , 2 more portta potties , And
hopefully many other constuctive ideas will be made by
the list. Bob has already startted working on a item
for next years campout , so please get those creative
juices flowing I didn't name names intentionally
because I know I would leave out someone . Thanx again
from Lois and I .

Paul Smith
www.23window.com/thezone

T.C.B.