[tcb] Stripping!

  • From: "Gerald V. Livingston II" <gerald.tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 23:24:59 -0600 (Central Standard Time)

Yes, I know I still can't drive it very far. Shut up!

I emptied the Rivi so I could blast and prime the deck to put the rust into
slow-motion to wait for a proper resto later.

http://www.phorce1.us/emptyrivi/IMGP0336.jpg
http://www.phorce1.us/emptyrivi/IMGP0339.jpg
http://www.phorce1.us/emptyrivi/IMGP0345.jpg

While emptying the bus for blasting the temperature outside crept up from
the mid 40's to the mid 70's.

Cold air, meet warm air

http://www.phorce1.us/emptyrivi/IMGP0349.jpg
http://www.phorce1.us/emptyrivi/IMGP0351.jpg

There is no dry inside garage to do the blasting/priming. I can get it
under cover, just no side walls.

This is a "slow down the rust" quick treatment.

Anyone think I'd be OK to blast, vaccuum, treat the flash rust that will
already be there with something like Ospho, then prime over that?

I need to put this back together to leave for Havasu on the night of Sunday
the 7th so I either do the blast + Ospho or I vaccuum out what I can, put
the nterior back in, and leave it for the first dry days after BBB.

Yes, this is in the Rivi that I've been towing to shows for the last 4
years and will tow again this year due to shifting issues. Can't get
anybody to spot me while pulling the motor when there's a dry day but as
soon as I say "who wants to play with my new pressurized sandblaster?"
ZOOM! helpers crawl out of the woodwork.

G2