[tcb] Re: Safaris

  • From: "Denis" <coocoo@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2012 09:44:00 -0500

Of course they all leak. No matter what you do the air pressure at driving
speeds will force the water in. I replaced the windwing typelock downs with a
bolt and nut so that I can force them tighter down and it does eliminate almost
all the leaking, but I built it myself and it doesnât look great. In the fall
(like now) I caulk the windows with clear silicone and leave it on until the
Spring and clean it up with acetone.

I have Izzys and they have a raised ridge on the frame which is supposed to
seal better. He also insists that you seal the rubber to the body with Krazy
Glue. No other brands of super glue just Krazy glue.

Bottom line; they all leak. Caulk the closed for the winter. I wouldnât give
mine up for anything