[tcb] Re: Really fast engine

  • From: Eric Woodall <eric@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 18:54:06 -0600

When I was in high school my father was going through his mid-life crisis.
He bought a '87 Porsche 944 Turbo. I used to slap the governor on that thing consistently (like once a week).
It was governed at 156!
8-)

j duncan wrote:
A kid driving 142mph in a Sabaru WRX, a mere 2.5L:
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=2720732&CMP=OTC-RSSFeeds0312

I've clocked Freedom van Gogh at 100mph (content) and had to back down outta fear! Bricks don't handle very well at those speeds. And there was still plenty of pedal left. Yowzers!!

As I've said before, speed isn't what the bus lifestyle is all about. ;) I voted for the calendar shots that represent what I think a bus is all about. Most are scenics.

I've started doing bodywork on the dings and scratches on Freedom. Cindy is embarrassed but I think bodywork patches are fine on a bus, even if it is a vanagon, eh?

Duncan
'89 Vanaru, 3.3L

MSN Shopping has everything on your holiday list. Get expert picks by style, age, and price. Try it! http://shopping.msn.com/content/shp/?ctId=8000,ptnrid=176,ptnrdata=200601&tcode=wlmtagline