[tcb] Re: ReDux Box

  • From: "Robb" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "wuzmop@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: "tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2015 07:14:48 -0500

X2 on ww. It's all cheap, so get extras.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 8, 2015, at 8:22 PM, sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Well Steve: As you can see, they are available from WW. WW is always your
friend when looking for parts. And they are only 4 days away via FedEx,
which is the carrier they have been using. I was also told once the gasket
was NLA and found one NOS one in a swap meet and have been holding on to it
for about 10 years thinking they were NLA.

On Wednesday, July 8, 2015 6:03 PM, Steve Chamberlain
<steveraychamberlain@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thanks again sammie, I was told locally (Kelly) they didn't have the gasket
so I used silicone and almost everyone I have talked to said the plug was
not available. I think that Brad in Dallas is the only one that said you can
pick them up cheap. I will keep the link.

BTW the last few times I replaced the trans I had to remove the axles and I
learned a few tricks that make it easy. Anyone attempting this for the first
time give me a call.

On Wed, Jul 8, 2015 at 4:55 PM, sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
Steve: You probably already know this: But here is the gasket to which I
was referring; guess it goes between the flanges on the redux box, not
between the box and the spring plate. And also, the "freeze" plug.

But this probably doesn't add anything to your bus knowledge as many times as
you have had that tranny down.

http://www.wolfsburgwest.com/cart/DetailsList.cfm?ID=211501275A