[tcb] Paul...

  • From: Will Wood <evilscientistboo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 09:05:43 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

I just checked e-mail this morning and saw this 50 bazillion messages.  That's
a good indication that something is up.  After finding your original post I
must say that our thoughts and prayers are with you.  This is also becoming so
routine nowadays I think and ingrown toenail is more complicated, procedurally.
 It's amazing what they can do and how they do it now with medicine, I'm sure
you're in the best hands possible.  I know those are words but having family
members who have gone through the procedure, I know that it's wearing on you
spritually you but you have so much Kharma (not a Ghia) built up that there's
no way anything will go wrong.

Besides, chicks dig scars.  OMG, wait, does that mean you'll get more of those
Midwest America motor chicks?!?!?  There is no justice in the world!

Now, a word or two about post-op.  These things are true and are from
experience...

a) Don't try to do any cardio exercises while you're hooked up to the machine
that goes "Ping!"  It causes the nurses to panic.
b) You'll have sudden, new found, energy because the ticker is now powered by
Judson.  This doesn't mean
   that you're 21 so please be responsible.  Also your spouse isn't 21 either
so wink wink nudge nudge say no more.  Geeze two Monty Python lines
already.
c) You'll have 16 physicians to see, all with their own appointment schedule
and medications.  Make sure you have one doctor
who is overseeing what the other 15 are prescribing.  This one caused my step
dad no end of problems, so be wary.  Speak up for yourself and don't
assume that they're communicating with one another.
d) Remember, this is "modern" medicine so if you find yourself in your hospital
gown on their doorstep after two days don't
be surprised.  Besides you can always get some optional things done while
you're there so this could be an opportunity for a nose job, tummy tuck or what
have you.
e) Don't send pics of your post op scars to the IRS to prove that your
deductions are valid on Schedule A.

Take care of yourself and be happy.  Again, our prayers and thoughts are with
you.