[tcb] Paint and body work

  • From: Noralyn Ripps <nonnee1961@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2012 09:03:36 -0700 (PDT)

I need some feedback on this subject...and right now, it is a subject of
consternation. I wanted to get my '73 VW Riviera restored, but not show
quality...just daily driver and camping. We just want to get the major rust
panels cut out and get back to life. I just had a man from here in San Antonio
come to my house, and they wouldn't do it for less than $30-$40,000 and it
would take 6 months of work 8 hours a day with two guys working at $75/hr.
Really??? For that, I could buy a brand new Touran. I've already priced out the
panels, blasting estimates, etc. Even my mechanic states that the underside of
this van is in really good condition. Granted the windows need some work,
and there is some rust in the typical areas that the vans get. So I'm really
wondering what you all have paid for paint/body work, what was done, and how
much...and where? Thanks for any help rendered. N. Ripps, San Antonio