[tcb] Re: OT Service Companies

  • From: wuzmop@xxxxxxx
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 May 2012 08:55:08 -0400 (EDT)

I had my daughter take my cabriolet to a highly recommended shop to get a catalytic converter installed, and for them to inspect it if that solved my smog test failing problem, and if it didnt, I gave them permission to do the O2 sensor. Called them first, told the owner of the company whats up, gave him STRICT instructions on what to do, and how much money we had to work with (about $100 over his quote).

Some idiot mechanic tells her it's not the cat, that the timing belt is 4 teeth off. The car ran perfectly, the timing belt was fine, as was the timing. I told her to get out of there. All they had to do was follow my instructions and they would have had about $400 in their pockets, I would have had my inspection sticker and everybody would have been happy.