[tcb] [OT] Carpentry tools

  • From: "Gerald V. Livingston II" <gerald.tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 20:54:16 -0600 (Central Standard Time)

Have any of you ever used a palm nailer?

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=93496

I was trying to finish up the doors for my shop so I can get all my VW's in
one place but the weather has cooled off.

When it's cool I can't hold on to a hand tool at all. I got tired of
chasing my damn hammer. I'd get 2 hits on a nail then the hammer would go
flying on the upswing and I'd have to go find it. Plus there was no power
on the downswing because the hammer would "flip up" in my hand. I'd have to
beat a 3" nail 50 times to sink it.

I'm a little twitchy about using a regular nail gun for the same reason.
Poor grip. I'd hate to drop it and shoot a nail through my leg.

I think I'll buy one of those palm nailers. I need to figure out some sort
of glove/strap thing to help me keep a grip on wrenches when myhands aren't
working right too.

G2