[tcb] Re: Novemberfest Photos

  • From: Julie <julie.hey.ho.lets.go@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 20:39:38 -0600

All of those photos were taken with fisheye lenses. The rectangular ones with a Sigma 10mm fisheye. With a Canon it gives you a diagonal angle of view of 167 degrees. If you want you can keep the lens hood on and get round photos with this lens. The other lens is more extreme, it is a Sigma 4.5mm circular fisheye. All of the photos taken with this lens will be round. There is no lens hood on it. This lens gives you a 180 degree view. It is hard to keep yourself out of the photos.

I hope that answers your questions.

That was my first time playing with the new lenses, and raindrops kept cutting the time short. Sunny days will be tricky because there's no polarizing filter to help out and light gets in from everywhere. It might take awhile but hopefully I'll be able to capture some cool photos with them.

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 11, 2009, at 6:53 PM, sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Neat pictures Julie. See what you can do to a VW bus with a fish- eye lens! Always wanted one but have never broken down and bought one. Question: the ones where everything is blacked out around the edge; is that the lens doing that or did you have a lens hood that was blocking out everything around the side? Qurious as to how you did that.

And that is a great shot of the bed of Paul's truck; the one from the side.