[tcb] My Trip Report: BulliGras 2008

  • From: Katrina Martin <k.d.martin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2008 22:09:46 -0600

Left for Galveston at about 10:00AM. Checked in at the office at 1:00PM . While Dan & I were in the parks dept. office we got a annual pass to all Texas State Parks. Cost us $60. for ONE WHOLE YEAR! It pays for your entrance fees. It would have already cost us $20. just in entrance fees. $5 per day, per person 13yrs. or older. Then we got to the camp ground where everyone was camping. Well not everyone, about 4 VW busses. Dan & I decided to go take a walk on the beach, which was fabulous by the way. The weather was just perfect. While we were on our way back to the camp ground more busses started showing up. Then more, and more, and more busses. We ran out of camping spots quick. But no worries, the camp ground had more sites in the same area. Paul,Julie,Gerald,Dan & I went to Shrimp n'Stuff for dinner at 7PM. Denis & Mike also met us about 8PM at S n'S. We chatted until we closed the place up and went back to the camp ground. Mike went into town for the parades not to long after her got there. Denis stayed at the camp ground with us, we sat by the fire and partied all night. Went to bed at 1:30AM. Got up at 8AM on Sat. Ronnie made some breakfast tacos and had great tasting coffee, Sharon made some breakfast tacos, and Sara made some breakfast with crousants. We all ate, then lounged about smartly. Some people went into town for the Mardi Gras parades, some stayed at the camp ground. Dan & I stayed at the camp ground with Denis,Gerald,Julie,Duncan N'Cindy, and Chuck N'Sue. So,we were all sitting around then someone said,"What time is it?" Then we all started asking what time it was, then we found out it was only 7:45PM. We partied so hard we all tried to go to bed at 7:45PM. We all really tried to stay up for everyone to get back from Mardi Gras. Mark S. N'M (wow that's funny)and Ronnie got back at 10PM. Mark J. N'Sara N' Family got back about 11PM. Mark,Paul,Mike,Dennis N'Claudia,Randy N'Belinda got back at midnight. They must of had a great time. Paul should be giving us trip report soon. Well, the shrimp boil was just great. Thanks to Randy N'Belinda & Trandy for making all that food. Thanks to Dennis N'Claudia for buying all that HUGE shrimpn'tatersn'corn. Had a great time all night laughing, listening to music, eating Julie's famous cookies,watching dog fights,eating Cindy's cookies, and sitting by the fire. Couldn't of celebrated my 6th yr. Anniversary any other way. Been with Dan for 11 yrs. total. and each year it just gets better and better. Dan & I went back home at 10AM on Sunday.

Great drive home. Peace, let love rule.
(just a short trip report- everyone can fill in what ever details I left out.)

Katrina & Dan Martin
71'bus "Homer"
http://web.mac.com/danandkatrinamartin