[tcb] Madi Gras camp out

  • From: Steve Chamberlain <steveraychamberlain@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2015 05:31:22 -0600

Happy New Year to everyone. Just want to make sure everyone knows that Madi
Gras will be celebrated February 6 - 17 in Galveston. For those new on the
list, a group of us camp at Galveston State Park one weekend (the event is
called Bulli Gras) and enjoy the parades, festivities, shopping etc. We try
to get camp sites together, have a community shrimp boil etc. I haven't
seen anything since the post on the 23rd of Dec. *Shirley? *

In the past few years Shirley has stepped up to take the lead and reserved
several spots so we can get them together then we individually pay her. Due
to most of the parades on Sea Wall Blvd being on the weekend of the 6-7th
we have decided to camp that weekend (6 & 7). I suggest you make your
reservations early (again Shirley?).

For anyone who hasn't been before, it is usually cold, wet, windy &
miserable and we have a *blast!* Plan for adverse weather and it will be a
great camp out. I hope to see everyone there.