[tcb] Re: Lots of electricity

  • From: Dan Martin <danandkatrinamartin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 19:33:10 -0500

Mine is 5000 btu and says 4.5 amps.

On Jun 21, 2005, at 6:29 PM, Denis Dodson wrote:

I have an electrician out here and along with his full list of lighting and outlets (lots of outlets) he is putting in capacity and outlets to allow for 16 air conditioners. It took awhile for him to understand that I didn't want 16 window air conditioners in the house, especially since we were standing next to the central heat and air unit and I don't even have 16 windows. And then I had to explain that most of the outlets need to be, basically, 20' extension cords.

Now for his question, do any of your window units pull more than 7 amps?