[tcb] Re: Just got back

  • From: Dan Martin <danandkatrinamartin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 16:38:16 -0500

Great trip report Paul, Thanks!
Sounds like a blast!
Did Joe go?

On Jun 18, 2008, at 3:32 PM, singlecabboy wrote:

from a whirl wind tour of the mid -west(no pun
intended).Left DFW on Friday the 13th.But not by plane
, got bumpoed on all the flights to Omaha so I decided
to rent a car .Went to Hertz first(mistake)I signed in
and went to get my car , it wasn't there.I asked three
attendents if I was looking in the correct stall ,
they said yes , I cancelled ands got a Suzuki suv and
headed up 35 North.(4:00 pm) I hit Holton Kansas at
4:00 am, I still had 165 + miles to go till Omaha,
woke at 6:00 AM AND headed to the airport to turn in
the rental car. A freind from Iowa picked me up and we
headed to the Omaha Show . Nice cars and people at the
show.The next couple of daze we toured local
collectors collections , Truley some unbeiliveable
cars in people privite collections .Very low milage
stuff .Even saw the original pick for the current VW
tv ad. If anyone wants to know the story on why it
wasn't in the ad pm me. Spent all day Wendsday at The
Ridge.which is a 5,000 acre motor sports type park ,
with cabins and trails and hills and is way cool.300 +
buggys and 50 or so bikes are owned by the folks that
live there. Then on Tuesday I got on the plane and
came home .Didn't see but one airkooled bug on the
road , but saw some really nice stuff .I visited with
Robb Laffon from Omaha , He's on the list I think
.Texas ,Ok.,Ks.,Ia.Ne,and Sd. in just a couple of daze
was really fun ,but glad to be back in TCB land , hope
to see some of ya'll soon.

Paul Smith

H.B.B
T.C.B