[tcb] Re: Is Dan full of it?

  • From: Mark Sawyer <mechmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 08:25:09 -0800 (PST)

There are actually 4 Vanagon engines. The 2.0 liter air cooled (oilercooler),
the 1.9 liter digijet, the 2.1 liter digifaunt, and the diesel.

  sorry to let you down but not all vanagons are water cooled so that part of
it wouldn't hold true but the 2.0 water cooled motor i always thought was
called a waterboxer because of it's shape but only vanagons have this motor
so i guess either way. but everywhere i see just the motor it says
waterboxer. so i don't really know. after 83 is when they put the water
cooled gas motor in the american models i don't know about anyone else or
anything else such as diesel. i just know my friend jason has an original 83
aircooled vanagon.