[tcb] Re: Idiot sightings

  • From: "Dan" <ThatVWGuy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 16:17:42 -0500

I have seen these before, both funny and sad at the same time.  However, this
one is worse than the others.  The driver says he gave $5 and three quarters
($5.75) for something that cost $4.25 and only wants $1 back.  Is the other 50
cents a tip?  If not they both suck at math.
  IDIOT SIGHTING
  My daughter and I went through the McDonald's take-out window
  and I gave the clerk a $5 bill. Our total was $4.25, so I also handed
  her 3 quarters. She said, "you gave me too much money." I said, "Yes I
  know, but this way you can just give me a dollar bill back." She sighed
  and went to get the manager who asked me to repeat my request. I did so,
  and he handed me back the quarters, and said "We're sorry but they could
  not do that kind of thing." The clerk then proceeded to give me back $1
  and 75 cents in change.

     Do not confuse the clerks at McD's.